Every month thousands of Filipinos are coming to faith in Christ. What happens the moment you believe in Jesus for everlasting life?
1. God became your Father in Heaven and you became His child forever (John 1:12).
2. You were saved forever from Hell (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9).
3. Jesus gave you everlasting life which can never be lost (John 3:16; 10:28-29).
4. You are guaranteed never to be judged for your sins in the future (John 5:24).
5. Rivers of living water (the Holy Spirit) now flow out of your heart to be a blessing to others (John 7:38-39).
6. Jesus and God the Father now hold you in their hands and no one is strong enough to snatch you out of their hands (John 10:28-29).
7. You now have never ending life and are guaranteed a future resurrection when you will receive a glorified body that is free from sin and death (John 11:25-26; I Corinthians 15:35-57).
8. God forgave all of your sins – past, present, and future sins (Acts 10:43; Colossians 2:13-14).
9. You were declared totally righteous before a holy God (Romans 3:22-26; 4:5).
10. You now have peace with God (Romans 5:1).
11. You are now under grace, not the Old Testament Law, so that you can trust Christ to give you victory over sin (Romans 6:14).
12. You are Christ’s bride, not His hostage (Romans 7:4; 2 Corinthians 11:2).
13. Jesus now lives inside of you through His Holy Spirit and He promises never to leave you (Romans 8:11; Hebrews 13:5).
14. Your physical body is now a temple of the Holy Spirit and is to be used to glorify God (I Corinthians 6:19-20).
15. God gave you one or more spiritual gifts to be used to serve Him and others in His body, the Church (Romans 12:4-8; I Corinthians 12:1-14:40; Ephesians 4:11-13; I Peter 4:7-11).
16. You were placed in the Body of Christ, the Church, by the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:13).
17. You have a new motivation to live for Christ now, not for yourself (2 Corinthians 5:15).
18. You have a new mindset now to see others as Christ see them – as people whom Jesus loves and wants to save (2 Corinthians 5:16; cf. I Timothy 2:3-5).
19. You have a new ministry now to preach the gospel of Christ to the lost so they can be reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).
20. You are now an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).
21. You were crucified with Christ so that He can live His life through you (Galatians 2:20).
22. You are now a “saint” (set apart from your sin and shame to serve God) at the core of your being, not a sinner (Ephesians 1:1; cf. Romans 1:7; 8:27; I Corinthians 1:2; 14:33; Ephesians 1:15; 3:8, 18; 4:12; 5:3, 6:18; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:2; I Thessalonians 3:13).
23. You are totally accepted by God in Christ (Ephesians 1:6).
24. You were “redeemed” or “purchased” off the slave market of sin so that now you do not have to sin (Ephesians 1:7).
25. You were “sealed” by the Holy Spirit who will safely and securely deliver you to heaven when you die or when Jesus removes the church from the earth (Ephesians 1:13-14).
26. You are now the “inheritance” of God the Father (Ephesians 1:18).
27. You are seated next to the exalted Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenly places above all enemies of God, including the devil (Ephesians 1:20-21; 2:5-6).
28. You are now God’s masterpiece, not a mistake (Ephesians 2:10).
29. You now have direct access to God’s throne of grace (Ephesians 3:12; Hebrews 4:15-16).
30. You are now a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 3:20).
31. You have been delivered from the power of darkness to one day reside in the future kingdom of God’s Son on earth (Colossians 1:13; Revelation 20:4-6).
32. You have been reconciled to God through Christ (Colossians 1:20).
33. You are now complete in Christ, lacking nothing before God (Colossians 2:9-10).
34. You have been made perfect forever in the sight of a holy God according to Jesus’ perfect sacrifice on the Cross, not your own performance (Hebrews 10:14).